Friday, June 03, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

Well....I have been wanting to get this blog going but havent gotten to it until now. When I logged into our account I realized it had been almost a year and a half since my first and last post. At that time, I was saying how much Rawlee and I enjoyed being married and doing all the things we wanted to do before we settled down to have kids. Thats so funny to think about now because within a month a found out I was pregnant and we were on a whole new path. It has been the craziest and most amazing year since then!!! We have a beautiful baby girl who is now seven months old! I cant believe she is already that old. She has been such a joy in our family and brings the most exciting and loving spirit into our home.

There is never a dull moment around this girl. From the beginning it has always been "exciting." I had a few scary complications during my pregnancy so we were overjoyed when she came! We were so happy to have a heathlhy, adorable baby girl. She was perfect and everything we had been waiting for.





After getting home from the hospital, we found ourselves back within a few hours. McKinley was in 2 different hospitals during that first week being evaluated.


Initially, the problem was that she, for an unknown reason, had trouble breathing leading to episodes where her oxygen level would drop very low and her heart beat was irregular. After a lot of testing, thinking she may have a heart condition, we were told that everything had stabalized and she was going to be okay!!! We were so relieved! The doctor told us she may have just been earlier than we thought and needed some extra care until she was a little stronger and able to thrive on her own. I'd love to say I was a rock through the whole experience....I definatley was not!! With the problems I had experienced during my pregnancy, I couldnt wait to get her here so I was able to take care of her. Through this I leared that even though she was here and I could hold her, I still had no control and had to rely on my faith and knowledge that Heavenly Father would take care of our little family. My faith grew so much and my understanding of what a special gift an eternal family is made these two people in my life the most important thing to me.

McKinley is the most adorable little girl. I know every mother thinks that...I am definatley one of those pround moms!! Here are some cute pictures of her
The first is her as we were leaving the hospital for the last time...she looks so excited :)


Cruisin on her new ride we call Norman - it was her dad's when he was little :)



Everything is going great for Rawlee and I. We are so excited for summer to be here!! Rawlee is just getting started with rodeos for the summer. Last week McKinley got to cheer on her dad at her first rodeo. It was a down pour so we enjoyed the rodeo from the hospitality tent but were still in view of the big screen so we cheered from there :) Rawlee and I will be married for three years this year - it has been an amazing experience and I truly have the best husband. He takes great care of us and is such a caring father and husband. We get to be together so much now with recent job changes and love every second of it! We have been able to take a few fun trips together and have a lot of fun.
I was able to go with him on a work trip to Kentucky. We went to Church Hill Downs.




We also went to Mesa Verde while in Colorado for a rodeo

He'll kill me for this one but I love it! :)


Life is pretty great...


Hopefully I will be better at blogging now. It will be fun to share the things we do as a family and read about everyone's fun adventures. I hope you all are doing great!!!!

1 comment:

The Burks est. 2008 said...

Yay! I am so excited that you are updating the blog!! I love seeing pictures and keeping up with everyone!! Your family is so cute :) Maybe I'll see you around at the fair??